Our Response to COVID-19
Our Response to COVID-19
POLi providers in New Zealand and Australia have taken the necessary steps to ensure the safety of their staff and the secure continuation of the payments service for our merchants and their customers.
POLi is provided in New Zealand by Merco Limited (Merco) via a Master Distribution Agreement with POLi Payments Pty Ltd, Australia (a subsidiary of Australia Post Group). Merco conducts its day to day New Zealand operations in accordance with the Business and Health and Safety regulations provided by the New Zealand Government. This includes the recent COVID-19 Pandemic Response requirements, released this week.
On the page below, Merco has attached a copy of the POLi Payments Pty Ltd, Australia (Poli Payments) COVID-19 Pandemic Response as it relates to the POLi (transact) Service to New Zealand Merchants.
POLi Payments Support teams have been disbursed (as per the Australia Post / SecurePay Pandemic Response Plan) to their home office environments and have been operating this way since early this week.
In New Zealand, Merco conducts its day to day operations in the following manner:
- Merco’s POLi Support (level 1 & 2) team is distributed across multiple (remote office) locations and as such is operating in a (BAU) Pandemic Response configuration;
- All Merco Directors operate similarly, managing the company using remote meeting/online procedures. No direct contact or travel is required; and
- All Merco personnel have been briefed on their responsibilities (both New Zealand Government and Company Policy) re isolation/notification, should it be necessary. This includes notification to the Merco management team and the “Pandemic” New Zealand Health authorities as outlined in the latest New Zealand Government regulations.
The Pandemic Response plans for POLi Payments and Merco will remain in place until the respective Governments provide further advice.
POLi Payments Australia – POLi Service Continuity COVID-19 Response
(issued today to all POLi New Zealand and POLi Australian Merchants via the POLi Console.)
POLi wants to assure you that we are taking the necessary action to protect your payments that are critical to your business. Our priorities are to keep POLi employees safe and to support the businesses that depend on POLi. We will continue to adjust our response according to the risk to our customers, staff, operations and the communities in which we operate.
POLi, a subsidiary of Australia Post group, has an Emergency Management program to ensure we are able to manage a range of business disruption events including bushfires, floods, security incidents, IT outages and health outbreaks such as the COVID‐19 coronavirus. This team provides subject matter expertise to the Enterprise Incident Leads on the planning and response requirements for any activation of the Business Continuity Plan, Pandemic Plan and or State and Corporate Incident Protocols. Below are some key highlights to our response to date
• Activation of the Pandemic Coordination Team with regular meetings
• Issuing health and safety advice throughout our business.
• Updating travel restrictions and advice in alignment with DFAT
• Information and guidelines on exposure to others who are ill and self-quarantine are in place
• Restricted access to our data centres and other critical sites has been enforced
• Active capability in our data centres and resilient infrastructure ensures minimum disruption
We will do whatever is necessary to ensure continuity of your business and have confidence across our systems, process and people to continue to meet your needs.”