POLi Nudge Delivery
The POLi nudge ensures that the merchant receives a real-time notification that a transaction has reached a terminal state. Successful delivery of the Nudge is mandatory for all POLi transactions and is a requirement in order to complete the QA test and be set live.
You can check for the Nudge delivery status by running a transaction report and drilling down into the transaction by clicking the POLi ID, then clicking the logs tab.
Nudge delivery successful:
Nudge delivery unsuccessful:
If the nudge was unable to be delivered, please follow the recommended solutions below.
The Nudge can fail to deliver for the following reasons:
- Firewalls/security protections
- Password protected website
- Notification url is not being publicly accessible
- Cipher suite is not supported by POLi Nudge servers
Recommended solutions include:
- Whitelisting the POLi Nudge server IP addresses to allow communication through your security protections (More information here)
- Ensure Cloudflare Bot Fight Mode is disabled (if plugin is installed), More here
- Ensure you have trusted the “Amazon Root CA 1” root certificate, Download here
- POLi requires TLS 1.2 to be enabled and the following recommended cipher suites are supported:
To test your current supported cipher suites visit https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html
If you find your server does not support TLS 1.2 with the above cipher suites, you will need to contact your hosting company or server admin to make this change for you.
- Ensure Wordfence ‘Block IPs who send POST requests with blank User-Agent and Referer’ is disabled in additional options. You can find these options via Firewall > Manage WAF.
For more information on the Nudge, visit the wiki at https://docs.polipayments.com/docs/1.0/api-nudge
For more help, submit a ticket and let our support team help you out.