Over the last year loads of merchants have asked us when we are going to support Shopify with our payment option that lets customers use their own Internet Banking.
Well, we’re delighted to announce our new partnership with Shopify formally starting in July 2015. So, if you’re a Shopify website owner (or are thinking about becoming one) make sure you select POLi as a payment option on your storefront.
Want to know more? Read the post below to find out how to set up POLi in your Shopify store and how much it costs.
Already convinced? Sign up now
Benefits of using POLi with Shopify
- Get more transactions from customers who prefer to use their own money or don’t have a credit card
- Pay less per transaction versus other payment options
- Remove the pain of matching direct bank transfers with online banking payments
- POLi is very easy to set up and install in your Shopify store – it’s a 2 minute job
Get more transactions through your Shopify store with POLi
POLi is a secure, effective, and user-friendly way for your customers to pay for purchases online without using a credit card. Many major companies, small businesses and untold consumers trust it every day to complete thousands of transactions.
Despite there being massive growth in online shopping in New Zealand, up to a third of adult New Zealanders don’t own (or want to use) a credit card. Even being conservative, this amounts to a decent slice of the 4.6 million residents in the country3. So, by offering POLi, Shopify merchants can tap into a potential gold mine of additional sales.
Get more sales but pay less
Shopify offers credit card payment solutions via an impressive array of payment gateways. However, payment gateways come with significant fees and a heap of hoops to jump through.
POLi is different. As you’re not dealing with credit card schemes, there are no surcharges and you only pay for completed transactions. Also, POLi doesn’t charge retailers set-up or service fees.
POLi transaction fees are only 1% of each transaction value plus GST. This is an extremely competitive rate and it’s capped at $3.00 per transaction!
How does POLi’s costs compare?
|Set up||Transaction Fee or MSF||Payment Gateway (per tx)||Monthly Service Fees|
|$0||3.4% + $0.45 (USD ?)||Included||$0|
|Credit Cards||Varies||4% – 6%||$0.15 – $0.25||$25 – $60|
|POLi||$0||1% (capped at $3)||Included||$0|
|Account||$150||1.2% (capped at $3)||Included||$25 – $60**|
Offer direct bank transfers online in 4 simple steps
Do you offer credit terms or direct bank transfer payment options in your Shopify store? If you do, you’ll be used to manually reconciling all those direct bank transfers – and what a pain it is!
- Simply set up your POLi account
- Install POLi in your Shopify store
- Whenever a customer chooses to pay with POLi they will be taken directly to their Online Banking to complete the transaction.
- You receive the money and ship the goods.
How Can I Offer POLi Payments in my Shopify Store?
As a business owner, we know that your time is precious so signing up with POLi is quick and easy. We have streamlined the process into a few simple steps:
- Apply for a POLi Merchant Account. It is far easier than the approval process with credit card companies. Click here to apply.
- Once we have provisioned your account, we’ll send you some simple instructions. Set up only takes a few minutes.
- Log into your Shopify store and install POLi.
You don’t need to be tech-savvy to start using POLi
Getting set up with POLi and installing it on your Shopify site is easy! We’ve made our processes as straightforward as possible. And, our friendly technical team is on hand to get you up and running in no time.
When you combine this with Shopify’s ethos of simplicity, POLi and Shopify really are a winning combination.
Our Shopify store owners are loving POLi
“I feel confident that the option to have POLi on our website makes us different from our competitors. I think our customers really respect that we have this option as well as they now have a quicker and easier way to pay.”Laura, Owner & Founder, magichollow
A great example of POLi and Shopify in action is the retailer magichollow, an online vintage clothing store- specialising in on- trend, unique products.
Their target demographic is teenagers in the 14 – 18 year age bracket many of whom do not have a credit or debit card. This meant they had to manually reconcile most of their online sales payments which was time consuming yet vital to their business model.
So using POLi as a payment option in their store was an absolute no-brainer that has saved them time, money and offers their customers a better checkout experience.
Are you new to Shopify?
If you’re new to Shopify and what it has to offer, here’s a quick rundown of some of the best bits.
- Track orders and manage inventory with ease from day one.
- Easily optimise the shopping experience on any number of mobile devices.
- Present your products in the best light with pictures, zoom function, and a photo gallery. It also adjusts its views depending on what device the customer is using to view your page.
- Retrieve lost sales with easy to use cart abandonment. This will later notify shoppers via email that their selections are still available for purchase and waiting for them.
- Straightforward management tools for calculating taxes and shipping rates.
How Do I Set Up My Shopify Storefront?
There are many free default ‘themes’ that can help you create a super functional and aesthetically pleasing storefront when you sign up.
These can be easily customised by adding your logo, colours, fonts, etc. Shopify Experts can help you take it to the next level by creating something unique for you and your products or services. This does cost more but can be a better deal than hiring an outside consultant to set up something similar for you.
So, do you want to get started?
Hopefully the benefits of using POLi in your Shopify store are clear. By offering your customers a non-credit card payment option, you could get more transactions at a lower cost and remove a ton of unwanted admin to boot!
1 Sign up for POLi now by clicking this link
2 Get in touch if you need help with anything
3 If you already have POLi and want to set it up on your Shopify store, checkout this page.